🎨 Like any good piece of art, this website is still a work in progress. Thank you for bearing with any minor design hiccups.
It's important to slow down. Finding time to just be you.
Whether it's sitting on your deck watching the sun rise and the critters scurrying about, or at your kitchen table enjoying some hot tea with fresh mint from the garden...it's important to keep a calm mind. It can done by sitting down reading God's word or as I'm currently doing, sitting in my studio, enjoying creativity.
Regardless of what it is, it's important to have alone time and refresh, clearing the mind from any negativity. There's much peace in it.
After watching some inspirational videos (posted below) on bookbinding, I've grabbed some mixed media papers from several books sitting on my shelf. I pulled the pages from its original wire binding to use it as practice to bind them myself using thread or cording.
After watching Martha's video, instead of one color, I decided to do a rainbow of colors. I will make a book for each color of the rainbow and some books with neutrals only...browns and grays, using black/white in every book. For now, each book will be similar, but that may change as I make more. For my first color I used paint, stamps, torn paper, and stencils, along with the larkshead binding, an easy knot I often use for my tags. In the end, these are just for fun so I'll be keeping it simple. I'll use them to store my art prompts which will be on small ATC size cards.
Afterwards, I will focus on my original idea, a technique book. I've decided to go with the larkshead binding, I think it's the easiest. This book will be a good reminder for how each technique is created, some may be simple, but some with complex ideas that can be easily forgotten. Been there before. I will create different techniques on tags or index cards with written details on the backside that will be stored in envelopes.
The rainbow, it's a good reminder of God's promise...
“I have spoken. I remember. I will not forget.
I will bring what I promised to completion.” ~ Genesis 9:13-17
My first random pick was yellow...my favorite color, next to blue-green.
Larkshead binding.
I've accumulated a good amount of different sized cards.
They're from masterboards I've created throughout time.
It will be nice to finally put a good of them to good use.
What's given from yourself to others is a choice. You must first be true to yourself before you can be true to others. Always be kind, but be firm in what's acceptable in your life...setting boundaries. It doesn't make you unkind if it's done with love. To be true to yourself is to not be influenced by another.
Slow down in how you react to people who disagree with you, you'll be able to read situations more accurately and make wiser decisions. Very important to allow people to be who they are too, remember that no one needs to think like you...it's okay even if it means you're alone. Take a walk, read a book, create some art or do whatever makes you smile.
Alone time...there's freedom in it. In the end, if you're listening to God from within, you know you're not alone.
As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the radiance all around. Such was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of Jehovah. And I saw this, and I fell on my face and heard a sound of a voice speaking.
— Ezekiel 1:28
~ Peace, Love and Joy ~
Inspirational videos:




Comments
Post a Comment